Happy holidays to all of our family and friends. When thinking about what to write, I was struck by one thing, how thankful we are to all of the people who have supported American Flyers over the past year. We’ve had to adapt like never before and we would not be where we are today without the help of great people like you.
To our customers across the globe, thank you for choosing American Flyers. To our employees, thank you for your hard work and dedication. You have worked harder than ever before to ensure the health and safety of those around you. To our vendors, thank you for your continued support. Because of you, we had fuel and parts when we needed them most.
When looking ahead to a new year, I am reminded that the real benefit of a new year is not leaving the old year behind. Although, some might argue that to be true for 2020. The real benefit is the opportunity that comes along with a fresh start.
As we look to 2021, we are excited about a new year with new opportunities. I hope you feel the same way. I would encourage all of our readers to be proactive and create a list of goals for the coming year. If you’re not sure where to start, maybe this will help point you in the right direction:
- Chase your dreams. Most people think dreams are unattainable. Don’t think like that. If you’ve never flown, but always wanted to, start with an intro flight. If you know someone that has always dreamt of becoming a pilot, help them get started.
- Be goal orientated. Write out your goals on a daily, monthly, yearly basis. Know what you want and go after it.
- Dedicate yourself to be the best you can be. Whether it is diet or exercise or proficiency in the airplane, don’t settle for mediocrity. Always strive to be your best.
- Never stop learning. This ties right into number 3, be the best you can be. You can’t be great if you think you know everything. Dedicate yourself to learn something new every day.
- Do what you love. This is only possible if you remember to chase your dreams. For those who do what they love, they will never work another day in their life.
Looking back at 2020, it sure has taught us a lot, and for that, we are grateful. We hope you feel the same. We also hope that 2021 is a wonderful year for you. More than anything, we are thankful for those of you we worked with in 2020 and look forward to meeting those of you that will be starting next year.
Here’s to a great 2021!
Andrew F. Henley
Vice President – American Flyers