ABOUT AMERICAN FLYERS
American Flyers was founded in Fort Worth, TX in 1939. Since its inception, the company has earned a worldwide reputation of being the premier school for flight training. American Flyers operates six training facilities across the country in New Jersey, Florida, Arizona and three in Texas. Holding true to our tradition of supporting pilots throughout their careers, American Flyers provides renewal certification to nearly 50% of all flight instructors.
In 1980, American Flyers merged with Aviation Training Enterprises (ATE), headquartered out of Chicago’s Midway Airport. Founded in 1947, ATE was highly respected for their expertise in IFR instruction as well as pioneering the use of flight simulators for both airline and civilian pilots. Our use of flight simulators remains a key-element in the success of our training courses and we have maintained our reputation as instrument training specialists for for almost 80 years.
Although we have features of a large organization, our reputation is based upon personal service and providing you the finest aviation education available anywhere. That is what you can expect from us; personal, quality instruction tailored to your specific needs.
Training PILOTS SINCE 1939
To train pilots and equip them with superior skill sets and safety knowledge.
To support pilots through aviation education with the commitment to provide the best quality training. American Flyers is dedicated to ensuring our students build the confidence, skill sets and knowledge required to be fully-competent and safe pilots. We also believe that flying is for everyone and pledge to ensure that anyone who dreams of flying, one day earns their wings.
- Quality – The quality of education and experience you receive is the foundation that will last your entire career.
- Excellence – Provide educational excellence by retaining the top-rated instructors, the continuous improvement of training materials and best-in-class technology.
- Integrity – We value our students individually. At American Flyers you are not just a number, we give you one-on-one attention to ensure your success.
- Initiative – We provide an environment for our students to thrive in, through personalized instruction and 24/7 instructor/aircraft availability. Our proactive approach ensures your success not only during your training, but also throughout the rest of your aviation career.
- Experience – Our experience is your advantage; we’ve been training the world’s best pilots since 1939.
AMERICAN FLYERS ADVANTAGE
Our vision is to support pilots through aviation education with the commitment to provide the best quality training. American Flyers is dedicated to ensuring our students build the hours necessary, the skill sets in the air, and the on-ground knowledge required to be an exceptional airline pilot. We also believe that flying is for everyone and pledge to help anyone who dreams of flying to one day earn their wings.
- Instructors are employees of American Flyers and are always available whenever your schedule permits. This means you will have no scheduling difficulties with instructors or aircraft availability.
- Instructors are standardized to teach the same way, a method that has been proven successful for almost 80 years.
- Your curriculum is planned out from start to finish; you know what to expect and learn each day.
- Our use of flight simulators remains a key element in the success for practicing maneuvers and general flying skills.
EXPERIENCE YOU CAN TRUST
We’re specialists… We do not charter, sell aircraft, fuel or do anything else but teach. Nothing diverts our attention from you. American Flyers has been training pilots since 1939 and our proven success should give you confidence that we are the experience you can trust to help you reach your aviation goals.