CFI-A & CFI-I
CFI-A & CFI-I PROGRAM DETAILS
30-DAY CFI-A/CFI-I ACADEMY
Get certified in both CFI-A and CFI-I in just 30 days and start teaching and gaining hours
- 104 Hours Classroom Instruction
- 10 Hours Individual Ground Instruction
- 6 Hours Dual Simulator
- 14 Hours Dual Cessna 172 or 172RG
- Unlimited Solo Simulator Access
15-DAY CFI-A ACADEMY
If you are looking for your CFI-A this 2 week intensive course will get you where you need to be to take your checkride
- 52 Hours Classroom Instruction
- 7 Hours Individual Ground Instruction
- 8 Hours Dual Cessna 172 or 172RG
- Unlimited Solo Simulator Access
PREREQUISITES (15 and 30-Day Programs)
If you are missing any prerequisite, call us and we can help you get what you need quickly. You can also consider one of our 1-on-1 custom programs.
- FAA Single Engine Commercial Pilot
Certificate with Instrument Rating
(or Single Engine ATP)
- Valid FAA Medical Certificate
- CFI-A, CFI-I and FOI Written
- Spin Endorsement
1-ON-1 CUSTOM PROGRAMS
If you are looking to get your CFI-I or CFI-A and have specific scheduling needs or want a focused 1-on-1 experience for any type of training, American Flyers can customize a program just for you.
WHY GO FOR THE CFI-I?
Our CFIs hone skills on landings, maneuvers, and VFR cross-country flying, however, these areas reflect only a small portion of what is demanded of pilots in the airlines. While there is little direct relationship in flying lazy eights and flying a jet, there is a direct and immediate relationship between flying instruments, regardless of flying a 172 or a 747.
According to hiring managers, when airlines consider hiring a new First Officer, one of the first things they look at is “how” the pilot got those hours. A pilot whose hours were obtained by working in a position that had them continually testing and improving their instrument skills is likely to be put through to the next round of the process. The CFI-I only takes a couple of additional weeks to earn, and the ROI will last a lifetime.
AMERICAN FLYERS DIFFERENCESince 1939 American Flyers has trained pilots in a proven systematic way that has been refined and taught by retired naval aviators and seasoned airline pilots. This has allowed us to perfect our training process which has influenced industry standards for flight training. We not only train pilots, we train pilots in a way that empowers them to teach professionally and share their passion for flying with future pilots.
American Flyers started training flight instructors in 1939. Since then we have trained more flight instructors than any other flight school in the world. Our extensive history of success speaks for itself and of how we train. Success is what we consistently strive for with each and every one of our students.
The teaching methodology, the curriculum, and the tools are all standardized in a cohesive way. Our students know what to expect each day and how each lesson builds upon the previous lesson. This allows a very practical learning environment that makes sense and is easy to reproduce when teaching others.
We teach from several different variations of the Cessna 172. Not only do our students and instructors learn and teach from Technologically Advanced Aircraft (TAA), our program also ensures that they are comfortable with the basics and rudimentary instruments necessary to becoming a well rounded and safe pilot.
At American Flyers, our students know they are receiving the highest quality training and hours from a team that values flight education and bases their entire operation around it. The skill sets gained in the air and on the ground give our students the knowledge required to be exceptional future instructors.
We offer customized training options that are tailored to our students’ individual needs. This is one aspect of American Flyers that is unique in the industry. We give our students virtually unlimited choices in creating flight instructor training programs. From a 1-on-1 course to a 15-Day or 30-Day program, American Flyers can meet your specific scheduling needs.
After graduation our students have an opportunity to come work for us as flight instructors and take advantage of our full tuition reimbursement program. The program pays back up to $6,950 of your CFI education.
When you work for American Flyers you are an employee with benefits and you get to gain quality flight experience at one of the world’s top flight schools. Our employees are part of the American Flyers team and never an independent contractor.
Every CFI graduate that completes the 15-Day or 30-Day CFI Academy receives access to our online FIRC course. This allows you to renew your certification every two years at no additional cost!
PASS YOUR CFI AND COME WORK
FOR AMERICAN FLYERS!
AMERICAN FLYERS IS HIRING NOW!If you are an energetic and patient CFI interested in sharing your passion with others, then we would like to talk with you. American Flyers is looking for Full and Part-Time Flight Instructors, both recently certified and with previous teaching experience. BUILD YOUR FLIGHT HOURS WHILE GETTING PAID! LEARN MORE
- Competitive salary
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Build your résumé with experience at one of the world’s top flight schools
- Visibility with American Flyers’ Airline Partners
- Internal support with student enrollment, scheduling and customer service so you can focus on what you do best
- Paid vacations & holidays (Full Time)
- 401K with company contributions (Full Time)
- Life Insurance & Group Medical Insurance Program (Full Time)
- Fun and exciting work environment
- Part-Time or Full-Time, all Flight Instructors are employees of American-Flyers – You are never contract-for-hire
- Proficiency & Recurrent training is supported by American Flyers
- Strong communication skills
- Passion for instructing and teaching
- Flexibility and availability to our students
- Résumé outlining work history & experience
- Authorized to work in the United States