Scholarship CriteriaTo be considered for the Judith Resnik Memorial Scholarship Award, The applicant must:
- Hold a current second class medical. Send photo copy with application.
- Maintaining a 3.0 or better GPA in a college program or a graduate with same. Must provide an Official transcript.
- Must hold the following and provide photocopies with application:
- Private Pilot Certificate, Instrument Rating, Single Engine Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating or Single Engine ATP, CFI-A Written, FOI Written, CFI-I Written and Spin Endorsement.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen.
- Express a strong desire to advance in the aviation field.
- Complete the standard application form, including goal outline and essay.
- Demonstrate an ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
- Provide 3 letters of recommendation (one of which must be from someone involved in aviation) submitted directly to the Scholarship Committee.
- Agree to be interviewed by manager of local school where recipient will train if awarded.
- The Scholarship award will include 104 hours of classroom instruction, 10 hours individual ground instruction, 14 hours dual Cessna 172 or 172RG, 6 hours dual simulator, and unlimited solo simulator access. Any hours of training needed outside these parameters will be at the recipient’s’ expense.
- Scholarship recipient must be able to attend one of American Flyers schools to receive training and commit to the 30 day academy.
- Scholarships must be used for flight training only. Any housing, transportation or living expenses must be handled by recipient.
- Written and Flight test Fees not included.
This scholarship is awarded on a biannual basis. Completed applications must be postmarked according to dates listed below.
2nd Quarter | June 30th 4th Quarter | December 31st