To provide women with support and assistance to advance their training in the aviation profession through instructing. This scholarship is applicable only toward the Certificated Instructor Ratings (CFI-A and CFI-I).
To be considered for the Judith Resnik Memorial Scholarship Award, the applicant must:
- Must hold a current second class medical. Send photo copy with application.
- Maintaining a 3.0 or better GPA in a college program or a graduate with same.
- Hold a Private Pilot Certificate, Instrument Rating and Commercial Pilot Certificate. Send photo copies with application.
- Applicant must be a United States citizen.
- Express a strong desire to advance in the aviation field.
- Complete the standard application form, including goal outline and essay.
- Demonstrate an ability to work and communicate effectively with others.
- Provide 3 letters of recommendation (one of which must be from someone involved in aviation) submitted directly to the Scholarship Committee.
- Agree to be interviewed by manager of local school where recipient will train if awarded.
- The Scholarship award will include 120 hours of Academy classroom instruction, 10 hours of dual flight, and 3 hours of pre/post flight briefings with an instructor. Any hours of training needed outside these perimeters will be at the recipient’s’ expense.
- Scholarship recipient must be able to attend one of American Flyers schools to receive training.
- Scholarships must be used for flight training only. Any housing, transportation or living expenses must be handled by recipient.
- Written and Flight test Fees not included.
This scholarship is awarded 4 times per year on a quarterly basis. Completed applications must be postmarked according to dates listed below.
1st Quarter | March 31, 2018
2nd Quarter | June 30, 2018
3rd Quarter | September 30, 2018
4th Quarter | December 31, 2018