About American Flyers
American Flyers was founded in Fort Worth, TX in 1939. Since it’s inception, the company has earned a worldwide reputation of being the premier school for flight training. American Flyers operates six training facilities across the country in New Jersey, Florida, Arizona and three in Texas. Holding true to our tradition of supporting pilots throughout their careers, American Flyers provides renewal certification to nearly 50% of all flight instructors.
In 1980, American Flyers merged with Aviation Training Enterprises (ATE), headquartered out of Chicago’s Midway Airport. Founded in 1947, ATE was highly respected for their expertise in IFR instruction as well as pioneering the use of flight simulators for both airline and civilian pilots. Our use of flight simulators remains a key-element in the success of our training courses and we have maintained our reputation as instrument training specialists for over 75 years.
Although we have features of a large organization, our reputation is based upon personal service and providing you the finest aviation education available anywhere. That is what you can expect from us; personal, quality instruction tailored to your specific needs.
Training PILOTS SINCE 1939
To train pilots and equip them with superior skillsets and safety knowledge.
To support pilots through aviation education with the commitment to provide the best quality training. American Flyers is dedicated to ensuring our students build the confidence, skillsets and knowledge required to be fully-competent and safe pilots. We also believe that flying is for everyone and pledge to ensure that anyone who dreams of flying, one day earns their wings.
- Quality – The quality of education and experience you receive is the foundation that will last your entire career.
- Excellence – Provide educational excellence by retaining the top-rated instructors, the continuous improvement of training materials and best-in-class technology.
- Integrity – We are not trying to be the cheapest, our goal is to supply the best possible training at a reasonable rate.
- Initiative – We are known as the Finish-Up! Experts because of our ability to construct a customized solution for your aviation goals and see it to fruition. Guaranteed.
- Experience – What we do for one, we do for all. We provide an environment for our students to thrive in, through personalized instruction, 24/7 aircraft and instructor availability and an aviation family you are excited to see again.
American Flyers Advantage
- Instructors are employees of American Flyers and are always available whenever your schedule permits. This means you will have no scheduling difficulties with instructors or aircraft availability.
- Instructors are standardized to teach the same way, a method that has been proven successful for over 75 years.
- Strong Curriculum – Your syllabus is planned out from start to finish; whether a standard course, custom program or finish-up training, you know what to expect to learn each day.
- Unlimited solo simulator time when training with American Flyers
Experience You Can Trust
We’re specialists… We do not charter, sell aircraft, fuel or do anything else but teach. Nothing diverts our attention from you. American Flyers has been training pilots since 1939 and our proven success should give you confidence that we are the experience you can trust to help you reach your aviation goals.