Chief Pilot Job Description
This is a Leadership position that enables you to provide senior oversight to Flight Instructors while continuing to teach students in-flight. Chief Pilots are responsible for the initial and continuing education of our instructor staff, and the oversight of student programs.
- Oversees continuing education of Flight Instructors
- Ensures student programs are properly run and makes recommendations for the continuous improvement of American Flyers training
- Reviews individual student’s progress with Flight and Ground Instructors to guarantee each student is receiving the quality education we promise.
- Evaluate Flight Instructor development and Student progress through flight and simulator instruction
- Oversee the launch and close of each day’s training initiatives
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership with the ability to develop both Instructors and Students
- Multitasking capabilities
- Passion for instructing and teaching
- Flexibility and availability to our students
- Resume outlining work history & experience
- Authorized to work in the United States
- Life Insurance & Group Medical Insurance Program
- Competitive Salary
- Signing Bonus if applicable
- 401k with Company Contributions
- Paid Vacations & Holidays
- Internal Support with student enrollment, scheduling and customer service so you can focus on what you do best.
- Part-Time or Full-Time, all Flight Instructors are Employees of American Flyers – You are never contract-for-hire.
- Proficiency & recurring training is supported by American Flyers